Drake also provides tools that simplify office workflow and provide additional client
Drake Document Manager and Tax Planner are included free with all versions of Drake
Software. Client Write-Up is included free with the Unlimited version
of Drake Software, and is available for $295 if you purchase the Pay Per
Drake Document Manager
Free with Drake Software, Document Manager is an electronic storage solution for
client source documents and returns. It can greatly ease your paper handling tasks
and help you reduce the amount of paper documents that you have to store in your
office. You can easily create, organize, and find documents, without ever needing
a paper copy. You’ll save money by saving paper and toner, and by cutting the staff
time needed to search, sort and shuffle paper files. And, if space is a concern,
Document Manager frees up floor space normally devoted to cabinets full of customer
Features of the Drake Document Manager:
- Modeled after a physical filing system using filing cabinets, drawers and folders
to organize your documents
- Customizable document organization
- Integration with Drake Software – easily create and electronically store PDF versions
of tax returns
- Import and export features let you move or copy documents from one location to another
- Integrated e-mail – send copies of documents to anyone
- Multi-year storage capabilities – grows with your business
Drake Client Write-Up is an extensive accounting package with modules for payroll,
bookkeeping, contractor payments, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and "on-the-fly"
forms. It’s free with the Unlimited version of Drake Software, or
is available for $295 if you purchase the Pay Per Return version.
The Payroll module provides live and after-the-fact employee payroll with additional
portal access available on the Internet. Also included are MICR check printing,
direct deposit, e-filing quarterly and yearly employment tax forms, and e-filing
Forms W-2 and 1099-MISC.
Employee payroll supports direct and indirect tips, Advance Earned Income Credit,
and up to 20 additional payroll benefits and deductions per check.
Forms 940, 941, 941SS, 941X, 943, 943X, 944, 944X, 944SS and W-2 are supported,
as well as all state quarterly unemployment forms. Payroll journal entries can be
created from payroll checks entered to save keystrokes.
With the Bookkeeping module, set up a custom chart of accounts, import from an existing
client or use a template. During setup, change account information as needed, add
account levels, enter current, budget, and starting balances, and export to Drake
Tax Software. Make journal entries to one of the five separate journals – general,
cash receipts, cash deposits, payroll, or budget – or save time and have Client
Write-Up do it automatically. Reconcile cash accounts, post monthly transactions
and close at year-end, and format financial reports using custom headers, footnotes,
and a logo. View or further customize any of the financial reports, using most word
The Contractor payment and Accounts Payable modules combine to print and track payments
(live or after-the-fact) to contractors (1099-MISC) and other payees. Pay contractors
via direct deposit, and, for payees, pay by invoice or simply use the check writer
with minimal to no setup involved. At year end, create Forms 1099-MISC and print
or e-file when needed.
Use the Accounts Receivable module to send invoices and customer statements and to
post customer payments, penalties, and service charges. Track past-due monies and
monitor sales tax liabilities (state, county, and local).
With the On-the-fly Forms module, easily create for printing or e-filing federal
Forms 940, 941, 941SS, 941X, 943, 943X, 944, 944SS, 944X, W-2, W-2G, 1098-Mort,
and the following 1099 forms: A, B, C, DIV, INT, MISC, PATR, R, and S.
- Secure client information by job function: admin, office manager, or data-entry
- Use spreadsheets to import initial client data: employees, contractors, vendors,
customers, chart of accounts, and journal entries
- Print all forms and documents in PDF format
- Print mailing labels for employees, contractors, vendors (A/P), and customers (A/R),
using 3 1/2” x
1 1/8” roll labels
- Override the default Payroll General Ledger accounts for an employee or contractor
- Optionally post payroll journal transactions automatically
- Optionally print other information on paystubs
- Enter up to 20 payroll deductions and benefits
- Maintain options and General Ledger Contractor information independently
- Indicate contractor default accounts for cumulative entries to the journal and by
1099-MISC box categories
- Allow clients to initiate and track payment of contractors via the web portal
- Provide PDF reports to and from clients via the web portal
Client Write-Up tutorials are available in English and Spanish.
Drake Tax Planner
Free with Drake Software, the Tax Planner allows you to add revenue by providing
another service to clients, and helps them make the right decisions in an increasingly
complex tax environment. Most financial decisions today directly affect a client’s
tax situation. The tax planner allows up to seven years or seven scenarios of tax
planning per client.
Help your clients plan for changes such as:
- Change in marital status
- Change in dependents
- Change in income
Help your clients determine what financial decision would have the best tax implications
- Taxable Social Security benefits
- Disposition of capital assets
- Limitation phase-outs
- Self-employment tax
- Alternative minimum tax
- Retirement savings
Various reporting options allow you to provide your clients the level of detail
they need. Drake Tax Planner can help take your business to the next level of providing
year-round financial services.