Networking Drake Software
Drake is network-friendly and adaptable to just about any configuration. Only one
license is needed for each office address, regardless of the number of users or
connected computers at the address.
More about Drake's networking capabilities:
- Drake supports a client/server network configuration, where the program is installed
on only one computer, and is run from other desktop computers.
- Alternatively, Drake also supports a peer-to-peer network configuration, where the
program is installed separately on each desktop computer.
- Client data can be stored at any location on the network.
- Each desktop computer can use a different software setup, even when running a single
program installation on the network (client/server configuration).
- Important database information can be shared across the network, even when each
computer uses a separate copy of the program (peer-to-peer configuration).
- Program files, setup files, and client data can be kept in separate locations on
Minimum System Requirements
These are the minimum requirements to run Drake Software on most systems. For superior
performance, we recommend system upgrades above the stated minimums. Actual requirements
will vary based on your system configuration, in addition to which application and
features you wish to install.
- 300 MHz processor or higher
- 128 MB of RAM
Windows Vista & Windows 7
- 800 MHz processor or higher
- 512 MB of RAM
- Support for Super VGA graphics
All Windows Operating Systems
- CD Drive
- 200 MB of available hard drive space, plus 7 MB for each state program
- Internet Explorer 7 or higher
- Internet access (required for regular updates)
- HP-compatible laser printer (strongly recommended)
- TWAIN-compliant scanner (strongly recommended)