SC - Military Spouses Residency Relief Act

How do I enter wages or Schedule C income of the spouse of a member of the armed forces stationed in South Carolina? The spouse is not a SC resident and the taxpayer has to file in SC to get a refund.

Codes are available on screens W2 and C

  • On the W2 screen, in the Special tax treatment option drop list, select code R.
  • On the screen, go to the Carryovers/State Info. tab, and select the Military Spouses Residence Relief Act check box.