- Drake E-Sign is fully integrated in Drake Tax, making it easy to incorporate into your existing workflow. Simply review the return on screen, allow the taxpayer to sign each signature document using a signature pad, and apply your digital signature to complete the process.
- E-signatures are authentic, tamper-proof, and securely bound to your customer’s return.
- E-signatures eliminate the need to print, sign, and scan back into the Drake Documents, saving valuable time.
- A preparer’s digital signature can be created one time and applied to each return on-the-fly.
- Choose Sign Now and complete the e-signing process immediately. Or choose Sign Later and the document is stored in the client’s Document Manager folder. Initiate the e-signing process from the Document Manager when ready to sign. Either option, Sign Now or Sign Later, will automatically save the PDF document in the client’s Document Manager folder.
- Standard PDF printing options are available, such as watermarking and password protection.
Recommended Signature Pads from Topaz Systems
- SigLite 1x5 (Model T-S460-HSB-R) – Retails for about $100 – This pad accepts a signature but only displays the signature on the computer screen as the user is signing.
- SigLite LCD 1x5 (Model T-L460-HSB-R) – Retails for about $250 – This pad allows the signer to see the signature on the pad while signing.
- SigGem LCD 1x5 (Model T-L462-HSB-R) – Retails for about $365 – This pad is considered more durable as it has a tempered glass, digitizing pen, and carries a longer warranty.
All pads are available with either USB connection, or a virtual serial connection that works with Drake Hosted.
To offer your customers the ability to sign documents remotely, check out SecureFilePro. You can send the customer documents via SecureFilePro, and the customer can sign them on their mobile device or computer. (Requires a SecureFilePro acccount, plus additional fee for signature events.)