Knowledge Base

10392: 706 - Amending

706 Estate

How do I amend a Form 706 Tax Return?

To amend a 706 return:

  1. File another 706 and write “Supplemental Information” across the top of page 1 of the amended return; and
  2. attach copies of pages 1, 2 and 3 of the return previously filed.

Drake Tax will print “Supplemental Information” across page 1 if Amended return is selected on DEMO screen.

Note: Before amending any return, make sure you have a copy of the original return.

  1. Make a backup of the client file so you can restore the original if you need a fresh start while you are working on the amendment.
  2. Make a permanent copy of the original return for your records. Use one or more of these options:
    1. Print a hard copy of the return.
    2. Print the return using the Drake PDF Printer to Drake Document Manager.
    3. Archive the return with Archive Manager (see Related Links below).
  3. Amended 706 returns cannot be e-filed.
See the 706 Instructions for details.

Related Links

Also In This Category

On a scale of 1-5, please rate the helpfulness of this article

Not Helpful
Very Helpful
Optionally provide private feedback to help us improve this article...

Thank you for your feedback!

Article has been viewed 10K times.
Last Modified: 5 Months Ago
Article not rated yet.