Knowledge Base

11883: Company Name Change

EFIN Management

How do I change my company or firm name with Drake Software?
To change your DBA Name, you can go online to the Support website > Account > Account Info page.

Drake Software’s License Agreement is non-transferable. If you have sold your business or changed your business entity name, causing the EIN or SSN to change, a new account will need to be created.

Contact the Software Accounting Department at (828) 349-5900, option 5, to get the process started. They will send you the necessary paperwork.

Only active, non-demo accounts can change the company/firm name on file. 

When an entity changes, the IRS requires a new EFIN. You can apply for the new EFIN from the e-Services website. If you need assistance you may call the e-Services Helpline at (866) 255-0654. In order to register an EFIN to a Drake Account, we must have a copy of the e-File Application Summary from e-Services.

Related Links

Also In This Category

On a scale of 1-5, please rate the helpfulness of this article

Not Helpful
Very Helpful
Optionally provide private feedback to help us improve this article...

Thank you for your feedback!

Article has been viewed 12K times.
Last Modified: Last Year
Article not rated yet.