Drake Accounting®: How do I create the VA FC-20 and FC-21 forms for e-file?
When completing the Virginia Forms FC-20 and FC-21 in Drake Accounting®, you have two formats to choose from when uploading your e-File to the Virginia Employment Commission (VEC) website.
- Selecting EFW2 will create a .TXT file to upload.
- Selecting Flat File will create a .CSV file to upload.
After making your selection, check the e-File box to the right of the Save button at the top.
When you have completed the form and verified the information is correct, you can Save or Save/Print the forms.
Uploading your .TXT file or .CSV e-File to the VEC’s Website:
- Log in to the Virginia Department of Taxation site for web uploads.
- If you are a first time user, create a "File Layout":
- Click File Layouts (left side, Site Navigation option)
- Click Create New File Layout (upper, right side).
- Select Form Type of Quarterly Tax and Wage Report.
Select File Format of Fixed-Width.
Do not make any changes; just scroll down and click the Create button (bottom, left).
To upload files:
- Select the VEC: FC20&FC21 SUI Quarterly Tax and Wage Report option from the drop-down to submit the Flat File format (.CSV file type).
- Select the VEC: FC20&EFW2(MMREF) SUI Quarterly Tax and Wage Report option from the drop-down to submit the EFW2 format (.TXT file type).
For more information about e-filing Virginia Employment Commission wage reports, see the VEC Web Upload Information page, the Virginia Department of Taxation VATAX Online for Businesses FAQs page and the VA Web Upload Guide.
- Click Upload Files (left side, Site Navigation option).
- Click Upload a New File (upper, right side).
- Select File Layout (created in Step 3 above).
- Browse to the file created by DAS.
- Type 0 (zero) for both Header Lines and Footer Lines.
- Ignore the checkboxes.
- Click the Upload button (bottom, left).
- Wait for file to process and correct any errors prior to submitting.
Optionally provide private feedback to help us improve this article...
Thank you for your feedback!