Fonts are printing too large or too small on the forms. How can I fix this?
The necessary fonts may need to be downloaded with print jobs:
Go to Start > Settings > Bluetooth & Devices > Printers and Scanners.
- Select your printer and click on Printing Preferences.
- On the Paper/Quality tab, click Advanced.
- Under the True Type Font drop down, select Download as Softfont.
- Click OK, Apply, and then OK to save changes and exit.
Go to Start > Settings > Connected Devices > Devices and Printers (under Related Settings).
- Right click on your printer and, from the drop list, select Printing Preferences.
- On the Print Quality tab, locate True Type on the right hand side.
- Under the True Type Mode drop down, select Download as bit image.
- Click Apply and then OK to save changes and exit.
Small fonts on a printed return can be associated with using the PCL printer command for a printer that cannot handle them properly. If you are using PCL commands, you can temporarily toggle to GDI to see if that's the source of the problem.
To toggle to GDI in Drake17 and future:
- From the Home window of the software, select Setup > Printing > Printer Setup.
- On the Printer Setup dialog box, click the (F8) Edit Printer Settings tab.
- Use the Select Printer drop list to select the problem printer.
- If the Printer Type is Laserjet or Other, clear the Use PCL when printing tax forms checkbox.
- Click Update and Save.
- If you have not resolved a printer issue after exhausting printer settings and Drake Software settings, install the latest printer driver available for your operating system. Review your printer instruction manual or your vendor website for more information.
- If the font is overlapping on the return in view mode, but prints correctly, see KB 16564.
- If there are font issues on only certain forms, see KB 16105 or 10856 instead.
Optionally provide private feedback to help us improve this article...
Thank you for your feedback!