How do I get the codes for Schedule K1 (page 2) to produce?
In Drake18 and Drake19, the K1 code sheet will produce in the View/Print mode of the return, if enabled. Only 1 code sheet will appear in view, however, when the return is printed, each K1 will print with a code sheet. If the K-1 is selected for printing, it is printed first, followed by the code sheet when enabled, and then the statements pertaining to that K-1.
- The IRS has discontinued page 2 of Schedule K-1 for Forms 1120-S (for S corporations) and 1065
(for partnerships). The K-1 codes that were on page 2 are now in the Schedule K-1 instructions.
These K-1 codes can still be generated in Drake Tax.
Instead of producing the entire K-1 code sheet, however, Drake Tax now generates only those codes
that actually appear on each Schedule K-1 in the 1120S and 1065 packages. These codes are printed
on the “Supplemental Information” page that is generated with each K-1, and they reference the
page in the K-1 instructions where further information can be found.
- The page 2 code sheet for beneficiaries’ and estates’ K-1s in the 1041 package has not been
discontinued and will look as it has in the past. It will not, however, be generated with
each K-1 unless enabled.
To enable the code sheet to be printed
- for all K-1 schedules, from the Home window of Drake, select the Setup > Options > Form & Schedule Options tab and select the option:
- Print page 2 of Schedule K-1 for 1041 and K-1 codes for 1120S and 1065
- for K-1 Schedules in a specific return, on the PRNT screen select
- for the 1065 and 1120S,
- for the 1041,
- Produce K1 Codes (Schedule K-1, page 2).
Note: An asterisk with a letter code indicates that multiple items have that code. An asterisk at the bottom of a group indicates that there are more items than can fit in the space provided for that group and that a statement is attached, or that the statement is required (as in the case of “other” amounts).
Optionally provide private feedback to help us improve this article...
Thank you for your feedback!