Knowledge Base

12025: 1040 - Entering Unreimbursed Partnership Expenses

1040 Individual

Where do I enter unreimbursed partnership expenses in the software?


Enter unreimbursed partnership expenses (UPE) in the individual return. On the K1P screen, select the 1065 K1 12-20 tab and enter the amount on line 20, Unreimb. partnership exp. A link to the 8829 screen is available next to line 20.

Amounts entered on line 20 add to those expenses entered on Form 8829, if applicable, and then flow to line 28 of the Schedule E.pg2 in View/Print mode coded as "UPE." "UPE" stands for "Unreimbursed Partnership Expenses".

You can also enter the same literal directly in the Name (a) field on the E2 screen in data entry.

Related Links

Also In This Category

On a scale of 1-5, please rate the helpfulness of this article

Not Helpful
Very Helpful
Optionally provide private feedback to help us improve this article...

Thank you for your feedback!

Article has been viewed 19K times.
Last Modified: 6 Months Ago
Article not rated yet.