Drake Accounting®: Is the Texas State Wage Report required to be e-filed?
Yes, the Texas Workforce Commission (TWC) requires electronic filing of Unemployment Insurance (UI) information. For e-filing to the TWC, DAS produces:
- A .txt or .csv file of the data previously reported on Form C-3/C-4.
- For documentation purposes only, Form C-3, Employer's Quarterly Report, and From C-4, Employer's Quarterly Report Continuation Sheet.
See Related Links below for required setup before creating the state wage report.
To prepare the Texas State Wage Report:
- Select the Employees or On the Fly menu, then select State Tax & Wage Forms.
- Make sure TX is selected , then select C-3 C-4 from the Forms droplist.
- Select the applicable quarter.
- Review the form and make any necessary entries or edits. Be sure to indicate "Flat File" or "CSV File."
- Make sure e-file is selected, then select Save/Print.
Save/Print creates the watermarked PDF copy of the report for record-keeping purposes, as well as the .txt file (Flat File) or .csv file (CSV File) for upload to the TWC.
- Log in to the TWC Unemployment Tax Services portal.
- Follow the menu options to upload the file.
- The file for upload can be found by browsing to the drive where DAS is installed > DrakeAccounting20YY > DAS20YYData > Clients > client code > EFile > TX > TXC3C4 (DrakeAccounting20YY > Clients > client code > EFile > TX > TXC3C4 in DAS20 and prior) and selecting the file named TXC3C4_YYYY-MM-DD_HR_MIN_SEC (where YYYY-MM-DD_HR_MIN_SEC is the date and time of the file creation), ending with extension .txt or .csv based on the format chosen when creating the file.
Refer to the TWC website, Employer's Quarterly Wage Report Filing Options for more information on filing options and requirements.
Optionally provide private feedback to help us improve this article...
Thank you for your feedback!