Drake Accounting®: Is there a way to print a check without using the payroll function or creating an invoice?
Use Quick Payments (Check Writer in DAS19 and prior) to print vendor checks quickly without having to schedule a payment. Non-payroll employee checks can also be printed using Quick Payments. Checks created in Quick Payments must be printed one at a time.
Note: The vendor/employee must be set up in DAS to issue a check from Quick Payments.
To create a check using Quick Payments:
- Select the Payables menu, then select Payments and Quick Payments (in DAS19 and prior, select the Payables menu, then select Check Writer).
- Select the applicable Payment Method.
- Enter an Invoice Number, PO (purchase order), and Description. (optional)
- In the Payment Type section, select the vendor or employee from the Pay To droplist.
- Check the Show Employees checkbox to include employees in the Pay To droplist in order to issue non-payroll checks such as per diem, reimbursements, etc.
- Enter the Check No., check date, and check amount.
- In the Accounting Transactions section, enter the applicable transactions for the check. If you have enabled the option Generate Accounting Transactions and have set up the applicable accounts under Payables > Options, this information will generate automatically.
- Verify the check information is correct, then select Print.
Beginning with DAS20, there is also a Check Register section that will list all previous checks that were created in Quick Payments.
Note: Checks created in Quick Payments cannot be tied to previously created invoices.
Optionally provide private feedback to help us improve this article...
Thank you for your feedback!