TX Business Returns - How do I prepare an extension for a 20YY Report Year Filing?
To prepare a business return extension for a Texas 20YY report (for an accounting period that ended in 20XX) by making the following entries, on the Report Year 20YY tab:
- Complete the TX EXT screen.
- Enter the Taxpayer Number on TX screen 1, General Information. If e-filing, you will also need to enter either the Web File Number or Prior Year Total Revenue in the Required to E-File section on screen 1.
- Complete either:
- TX screen PIR, 05-102 : Public Information Report
- or TX screen OIR, 05-167 : Ownership Information Report
- If e-filing, go to the federal EF screen and select TX EXT from the State e-File Override section.
To get the amount entered on the EXT screen to appear on the extension letter and filing instructions, from the Force Form Type drop list on TX screen 1, select AB – 05-158A/B – Long form Tax Report.
If filing for a second extension, selection 3 on the TX EXT screen, you will have to override the due date field on TX screen 1 to the needed date in order to change the due date for the TX return.
Optionally provide private feedback to help us improve this article...
Thank you for your feedback!