Drake Accounting®: What do I need to verify if amounts are not producing as expected on a state wage report?
- Verify setup.
- Verify that the State code is entered in the State field of the address at Client > Add/Edit, on the Contact Information tab.
- Verify state rates and limits at Firm > Rates & Withholding setup, in the State Setup section.
- Verify the employee's State in the address field at Employees > Employee Setup on the Personal Info tab.
- Verify the state code in the Tax Table field at Employees > Employee Setup on the State Tax tab.
- Check setup information for additional deduction and benefits that may be set up as not taxable by the State (Employees > Deductions & Benefits).
- Verify the checks you expect to be part of the report and the dates for those checks.
- The checks must be printed with a check date within the quarter reported in order to appear in the report. Either:
- Verify that live checks have been printed at Employees > Check Print.
- Verify both check printing and check date at Employees > Live or ATF payroll by selecting each employee to verify the check dates used for the checks that have been printed or entered as ATF.
Optionally provide private feedback to help us improve this article...
Thank you for your feedback!