Drake Accounting®: How do I create and file the Massachusetts Quarterly Tax And Wage Report?
For filing to the Massachusetts Department of Unemployment Assistance (DUA), DAS produces:
- A PDF copy of the Quarterly Tax And Wage Report for record-keeping purposes.
- A .txt file for e-file.
Note: All quarterly reports must be filed electronically.
See Related Links below for required setup information before creating the state wage report.
To prepare the report:
- Select the Employees menu, then select State Tax & Wage Forms.
- Make sure MA is selected, then select GEN Q TAX from the Forms droplist.
- Select the applicable quarter.
- Review the form and make any necessary entries or edits.
- Make sure the e-File checkbox is marked, then select Save/Print.
Save/Print creates a watermarked PDF copy of the form for record-keeping purposes only. If e-File was marked, a .txt file for upload to the Massachusetts Division of Unemployment Assistance website is also created.
- Log in to the Massachusetts Division of Unemployment Assistance website.
- Follow the menu options to upload the wage file.
- The file for upload can be found by browsing to the drive where DAS is installed > DrakeAccounting20YY > DAS20YYData > Clients > client code > EFile > MA > MAGENQTAX (DrakeAccounting20YY > Clients > client code > EFile > MA > MAGENQTAX in DAS20 and prior) and selecting the file named _YYYY-MM-DD_HR_MIN_SEC.txt (where YYYY-MM-DD_HR_MIN_SEC is the date and time of file creation).
For more information about employer contributions to DUA, see the Guide to employer contributions to DUA.
Optionally provide private feedback to help us improve this article...
Thank you for your feedback!