Drake Accounting®: How do I prepare the Rhode Island TX-17 Report for e-filing?
For filing to the Rhode Island Division of Taxation - Employer Tax Section, DAS can produce:
- A PDF of Form TX-17, Quarterly Tax And Wage Report, for record-keeping purposes only.
- A .txt file for upload of the data reported on RI TX-17, Quarterly Tax And Wage Report.
See Related Links below for required setup before creating the state wage report.
To prepare the RI TX-17 Report:
- Select the Employees or On the Fly menu, then select State Tax & Wage Forms.
- Make sure RI is selected, then select TX-17 from the Forms droplist.
- Select the applicable quarter.
- Review the form and make any necessary entries or edits.
- Make sure the e-file checkbox is marked then select Save/Print.
Save/Print creates the .txt file for upload to the RI Division of Taxation, as well as a watermarked PDF copy of the TX-17 Report for record-keeping purposes only.
- Log in to the RI Employer Wage Tax Filing portal.
- Follow the menu options to upload the file.
- The upload file can be found by browsing to the drive where DAS is installed >DrakeAccounting20YY > DAS20YYData > Clients > client code > EFile > RI > RITX17 (DrakeAccounting20YY > Clients > client code > EFile > RI > RITX17 in DAS20 and prior) and selecting the file named RITX17_YYYY-MM-DD_HR_MIN_SEC.txt (where YYYY-MM-DD_HR_MIN_SEC is the date and time of the file creation).
Optionally provide private feedback to help us improve this article...
Thank you for your feedback!