Drake Accounting®: How do I create and file the DC UC30?
For filing to the District of Columbia Department of Employment Services (DOES), DAS produces:
- A PDF copy of Form UC30, Employer's Quarterly Contribution And Wage Report.
- A .csv file for e-file.
Note: All employers liable to the District of Columbia must file contribution and Wage Reports via the Employer Self Service Portal (ESSP) except for household employers and employers with less than five employees.
See Related Links below for required setup information before creating the state wage report.
To prepare the UC30:
- Select the Employees or On the Fly menu, then select State Tax & Wage Forms.
- Make sure DC is selected, then select UC30 from the Forms droplist.
- Select the applicable quarter.
- Review the form and make any necessary entries or edits.
- Make sure the e-File checkbox is marked (if e-filing), then select Save/Print.
Save/Print creates a PDF copy of the form that can be printed and paper-filed if eligible. If e-File was marked, a .csv file for upload to the DOES Employer Self Service Portal (ESSP) is also created.
- Log in to the DOES ESSP website.
- Follow the menu options to upload the wage file.
- The wage file for upload can be found by browsing to the drive where DAS is installed > DrakeAccounting20YY > DAS20YYData > Clients > client code > EFile > DC > DCUC30 (DrakeAccounting20YY > Clients > client code > EFile > DC > DCUC30 in DAS20 and prior) and selecting the file named DCUC30_YYYY-MM-DD_HR_MIN_SEC.csv (where YYYY-MM-DD_HR_MIN_SEC is the date and time of file creation).
For more information regarding DC Unemployment Taxes and Compensation, see the Unemployment Insurance Handbook For Employers.
Optionally provide private feedback to help us improve this article...
Thank you for your feedback!