Drake Accounting®: How do I create and file the Minnesota Employer's Unemployment Quarterly Tax report?
For filing to the Minnesota Department of Employment and Economic Development (DEED), DAS produces:
- A PDF of the MN Employer's Unemployment Quarterly Tax Report for record-keeping purposes.
- A .csv file for e-file.
Note: Minnesota employers that have employees in covered employment are required to submit wage detail reports electronically.
See Related Links below for required setup information before creating the state wage report.
To prepare the report:
- Select the Employees or On the Fly menu, then select State Tax & Wage Forms.
- Make sure MN is selected, then select DEED-GWL from the Forms drop list.
- Select the applicable quarter.
- Review the form and make any necessary entries or edits.
- Make sure the e-File checkbox is marked, then select Save/Print.
Save/Print creates a watermarked PDF copy of the form for record-keeping purposes only. If e-File was marked, a .csv file for upload to the Minnesota Unemployment Insurance System website is also created.
- Log in to the MN Unemployment Insurance System account.
- Follow the menu options to upload the wage file.
- The file for upload can be found by browsing to the drive where DAS is installed > DrakeAccounting20YY > DAS20YYData > Clients > client code > EFile > MN > MNDEEDGWL (DrakeAccounting20YY > Clients > client code > EFile > MN > MNDEEDGWL in DAS20 and prior) and selecting the file named MNDEEDGWL_YYYY-MM-DD_HR_MIN_SEC.csv (where YYYY-MM-DD_HR_MIN_SEC is the date and time of file creation).
For more information on Minnesota Unemployment Insurance , see the Unemployment Insurance (UI) Employer Handbook.
Optionally provide private feedback to help us improve this article...
Thank you for your feedback!