What is Drake Portals and what features are available? Where can I find pricing details?
Drake Portals on the SecureFileProTM domain provides a secure client file exchange, allowing preparers and their clients to exchange confidential tax documents securely and conveniently. It is web-based and works with most browsers and computers. Since it is a paperless document exchange, preparers spend less time printing, faxing, emailing, or mailing returns and other documents to clients when they need a copy.
For more information, including plans and pricing, visit the Drake Portals Product Page. Information about the free trial is available in KB 10351. A quick start guide is available at the bottom of this page.
Included in all Drake Portals plans:
- Option to brand your site with your company’s logo and name.
- A custom URL (website address) for your site.
- Be sure to bookmark this URL for future use.
- Unlimited clients.
- Unlimited firm accounts for staff/employees.
- Industry-standard Security Measures
- The site and client files are protected by tough, industry-standard security measures. All transmissions are secured with 256-bit SSL encryption, and files are encrypted at rest on the server.
- Clients may view and access only their own documents.
With Drake Portals you can quickly:
- Transfer files
- Some image files are also compatible with GruntWorx. See Related Links below.
- Update client profiles
- The client can then update their demographic information and you can import that information into their return.
- Send questionnaires
- Questionnaires include Health Care Coverage, Due Diligence, Education Credits and Deductions, EIC, CTC, AOTC, and more.
- Track client progress
- Send and receive instant messages
- Send invoices to clients with e-Pay.
- Message your client
- Capture remote e-Signatures with Drake e-Sign Online.
- Additional fees apply; see below for details.
- Provide clients with a website optimized for mobile devices and accessible with a standard web browser in iOS, Android, or on their computer.
Functionality varies depending on whether you are accessing Drake Portals through the website or through the Drake Tax integration in Drake Documents; see Related Links below for details. For an overview and demonstration of these features, watch the video Portal Overview.
While both Drake Tax and non-Drake customers can purchase Drake Portals, Some features are only available for use by Drake Tax customers. Other limitations apply to individuals outside of the United States; see KB 15626 for more information.
- Merchant card processing through e-Pay functions through the new interface. Pricing depends on which program you choose. See Related Links for details on signing up for e-Pay merchant card processing.
Drake e-Sign Online
For more information, and to purchase e-Sign Events, sign into your account on the Drake Support Site. From the menu on the left, select Products then e-Sign.
- The Drake e-Sign Online process through Drake Portals - SFP is different than using Drake e-Sign In Person. Drake e-Sign In Person allows you to have a client e-sign documents in your office with a signature pad.
- Documents can only be signed via SFP if enough e-Sign Events have been purchased and are available.
- Each e-Sign Event purchased will allow the taxpayer and/or spouse to fully sign a single PDF document, which can include multiple signature pages. Each additional PDF that needs to be signed will require an additional e-Sign Event. Use care when sending PDFs for signatures.
Optionally provide private feedback to help us improve this article...
Thank you for your feedback!