Knowledge Base

16779: 1040 - Schedule 3, Other Payments Adjustment

1040 Individual

How can I make an adjustment to Schedule 3, Part II for other payments? 

If an adjusting entry is needed on Schedule 3, for other payments, the adjustment can be made in data entry by going to the General tab > 5 Taxes, Credits and Payments screen > Schedule 3, Part II, Line:

  • 13z in Drake23
  • 13d or 13z in Drake21 and Drake22
  • 12d in Drake20
  • 13 in Drake19
  • 54 in Drake18

Generally, both the Form number for which the payment was made and the associated dollar amount must be entered. In Drake21 and Drake22, line 13d is only for section 1341, so the form number does not need to be entered.

The following form selections will allow the return to be electronically filed, while including the following adjustment(s):

  • 2439 - Form 2439 - Notice to Shareholder of Undistributed Long-Term Capital Gains
  • 8885 - Form 8885 - Health Coverage Tax Credit
  • 1341 - I.R.C. 1341 - Credit for Repayments


For more information, see Form 1040 instructions

Also In This Category

On a scale of 1-5, please rate the helpfulness of this article

Not Helpful
Very Helpful
Optionally provide private feedback to help us improve this article...

Thank you for your feedback!

Article has been viewed 6.3K times.
Last Modified: Last Month
Article not rated yet.