What is the difference between an organizer and a proforma?
There are a few differences between organizers and proformas.
- An organizer is usually mailed to a client to assist the taxpayer in organizing tax data before visiting the tax preparer. Starting with Drake23, organizers can be created for individual and business returns.
- The tax preparer uses information from the organizer to aid them in the preparation of the tax return.
- A proforma typically is used in the tax preparer's office.
- It resembles Drake Tax data entry screens: the screen name is shown and the individual data entry fields are numbered.
- You can view these field numbers on a Drake Tax data entry screen by pressing CTRL + N.
- When data is written into the proforma, it is like a rough (“proforma”) draft of a return.
Optionally provide private feedback to help us improve this article...
Thank you for your feedback!