What is the Drake Tax Pay Per Return product?
If you prepare a small number of returns, the Pay Per Return (PPR) version of Drake Tax might be right for you. Details regarding pricing can be found on the support website pricing page. State programs and e-filing* are available at no additional charge with all versions of Drake Tax.
See Related Links below for PPR Use - Restrictions and Notes.
A PPR user can purchase:
- Additional Individual Returns (1040, 1040-NR, 1040-SS, 1040-PR Returns) - 10 returns included, purchase more as needed
- Business/Entity Returns (1120, 1120-S, 1120-H, 1065, 1041, 990, 706 Returns) - 0 included, purchase as needed
- Drake Accounting - choose from:
- Professional Edition (accounting and payroll)
- Forms Edition (forms only, included in the Professional Edition)
- TheTaxBook WebLibrary Plus Research Tool
- Drake Portals
- GruntWorx Dollars
Internet access is required for the use and activation of the PPR version of Drake Tax and the purchase of additional returns. As with the full package, internet access is also required to keep the software updated.
Upgrading from PPR to Unlimited
You can upgrade your PPR package to the Unlimited package at any time. For more details, review the PPR to Full Package section on Setup > Pay Per Return or contact the accounting department at (828) 349-5900.
If you have upgraded to unlimited, you can convert your existing software installation to unlimited by opening the Pay Per Return window. From the home screen of the software, select Setup > Pay Per Return. A message will display that you are no longer in PPR mode.
Note that an internet connection is required if the software was ever in PPR mode.
If this action does not resolve the issue, please call Drake Software Support for assistance at (828) 524-8020.
This process also applies to any prior year installations of Drake Tax that were originally PPR, but have been upgraded to full.
*see KB 11426 for details.
Optionally provide private feedback to help us improve this article...
Thank you for your feedback!